In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 22 October 2011

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978)


Oh. My. God. I had almost forgotten about this one.
I've seen Attack a total of 3 times. The first time I saw it, I hated it. The second time, I found it hilarious. This time, it was merely okay. Keeping in mind I've never taken drugs or gotten drunk, I can't account for these drastically different results. This classic schlocky screwball comedy, which was intended to be a spoof of B-movies and eventually gained a life of its own, explores the notion of genetically altered plants that begin attacking the inhabitants in a very corny (err…tomatoey?) manner, which seems to have inspired the Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker brand of humor. (The key to their demise was also blatantly recycled in Mars Attacks!) Spawned a slew of sequels, none of which I’ll be getting to this year.

2 ketchup packets out of 5

No comments: